Friday, January 27, 2017

Until we meet again

Last day at Brittney's Home of Grace

Saddened to leave the compound on this morning as we showered and packed up for our 6-7 hour drive to the Masai Mara Safari Lodge.

We had such a beautiful dinner on our last night after clinic. The food was AMAZING my whole stay. The cooks, the drivers, the hospitality we received...I really have no words for it. I really just came to serve but was served so many times over.

I brushed my teeth with bottled water, took cold showers, used a hole in the ground as a bathroom at times and the toilets we did use we really couldn't flush often, we carried toilet paper in our purses, the Wi-Fi service was difficult to get, the power went out a lot... but all of that, those daily things we never think twice about, was really nothing compared to serving the Kenyans and being there with my team. I plan to come back. I would do this again in a heartbeat.

Our beautiful dinner set up

The back patio area of the compound
 And here I am pictured with Steve James, the Founder and CEO of Kenya relief: 
A man who exemplifies turning tragedy into great God breathed triumph. Please check them out: www.kenyarelief.org 
And here are Curtis and Devry Coghlan, the missionaries who live in Kenya, at Brittney's Home of Grace year round. People I continue to pray for. When I think about them and their story it makes me cry. Check them out! They are such an inspiration of being true servants of the Lord. 

http://maypatterson.com/2017/01/africa-learned-curtis-devry-coghlan/

http://maypatterson.com/2017/01/interview-curtis-devry-coghlan/


May God blanket all of you and protect you as you continue to live out God's purpose for your lives on this mission field. I miss, love and admire you guys! Thanks for showing us such love and grace. You reflect heaven's beauty, you are His Kingdom come, on earth as it is in heaven. 
As we all go back to our lives in America, they stay to continue caring for the sick and the orphans.


On our trek to the Masai Mara.... I captured one of God's many rainbows that He sent us that week. Between talking and sleeping on the ride I reflected.... I want to allow this experience to continue changing my life. I want to be more thankful in EVERY situation and I want to focus on how great God is, instead of how big I think my problems are. Focus on finding the good...it's always there. God's treasure are everywhere, we just have to be open to them.


"If you have faith as small as a mustard seed, you can say to this mountain, 'Move from here to there,' and it will move. Nothing will be impossible for you." Matthew 17:20-21
 
True greatness, an extraordinary life is serving behind the scenes, going un-noticed, and working because there is mystery, not living in fear of it. For there to be faith, we have to move away from the shore and towards the deep end, towards the people. Smooth seas never made a good sailor anyways.

Faith in things unseen and hope where there is none is exactly how we are called to live and why we have to serve and share the Gospel. By faith...

No comments:

Post a Comment